Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Things I Like About Taiwan, Part Two


Maokong: playing games at the mountain tea houses for hours


Red Bean and Taro Shaved Ice: our new favorite dessert (yes, it IS a dessert! That is sweetened condensed milk on top.)


New friends: (from left) Kelley, Kikki, me, Beatrice, Chloe, Yuko


Tall buildings: this is Taipei 101, the second-tallest building in the world


My job: last week I taught a summer art class


My students: on Friday I took them on a field trip to an art museum, and it was so fun!


A new place to dry our clothes: our clothes were starting to smell like food (since we were drying them in the kitchen), so I finally got the courage to hang them outside our window. We live in the third floor, but so far none have fallen off.


My amazing husband: I am so thankful to have him here with me. He is such an encourager, a hard-worker, a good listener, and a fellow adventurer.

No comments:

Post a Comment