Last weekend we went to Taichung for a mini-vacation with some friends (they're also missionaries). Less than 12 hours after we arrived, their son was admitted to the hospital with severe pneumonia. He (and now his brother, too) are still in the hospital. Our kids came down with a less-severe version a few days later, and this week we've been recovering at home.
Please pray for both our families. It's been a tough couple of months with back-to-back illnesses.
I've been doing a Lenten devotional. Yesterday included Psalm 118:24~
"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
So, here's my thankful list for this week:
1. Our friends' two boys are recovering and will hopefully be discharged from the hospital soon.
2. Kalan. This guy is amazing. One morning he got up with the kids after a particularly long night so I could sleep in. When I finally rolled out of bed around 9, he had already prepped lunch, had dinner going in the crockpot, was doing a second load of laundry, and had given both kids their medicine.
3. Taiwan's healthcare system. We went to a different hospital this time around, and the doctors were great. I'm also continually amazed at how affordable it is. The total for Jude's doctor visit (including 3 hours on an IV, blood work, chest X-ray, and medicine)= $8 US.
|Feeling good after some medication and hydration!|
6. Coffee. Our friends picked up a Costco-sized bag of coffee for us this week.
7. My parents are coming to visit...TOMORROW!
|The cherry blossoms have opened in Taipei...hopefully a healthier spring is around the corner!|