Friday, August 6, 2010

Things I Like About Taiwan, Part One


Gardens and Straw Hats: even though Taipei is a huge city, there's always a garden or park nearby



Scooters: everyone rides 'em



Bicycles: everyone rides these, too!


Teaching: once again, I have rediscovered my love for teaching children.



Beautiful architecture: I pass the National Concert Hall everyday on my way to work.



The weekend Flower Market: several city blocks' worth of gorgeous tropical plants
(Photo by Beth Barthelemy)



Awesome neighbors: Ben and Beth live in the apartment downstairs. Before we moved in, they stocked our fridge for us and even put ice cream in the freezer! After we moved in, Beth cheerfully helped me deep clean our apartment...for several hours! They are a blessing in our lives here. In this picture, Beth and I just finished re-potting our flower market purchases.
(Photo by Ben Barthelemy)

3 comments:

  1. We're so excited to be neighbors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, everything looks so cool! Are you guys gonna get scooters too??? Are Ben and Beth the friends who came right before you to Tiwan? I want to hear more about the teaching you guys are doing! Praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you guys are getting adjusted! I look forward to seeing the Spencer's riding matching vespa's through the city... next post?

    ReplyDelete