Wednesday, July 7, 2010

North for the Fourth



This past week we spent at my parent’s “shanty” on Lake Mohawksin in Tomahawk, WI. Boating, wakeboarding, reading, good food, biking, fishing, and the “Kaiser Fireworks extravaganza” made our last week very memorable. We were glad to spend time with my grandparents and aunt and uncle there, too.



Saying goodbye is so hard for me. Recently Kalan reminded me that without endings there would be no beginnings. For example…the old covenant had to end in order for the new one to take effect…Jesus had to leave in order for the Holy Spirit to come…We must leave our families in order to cleave to our spouses. Endings provide opportunity for beginnings, and we need both as we continue on our journey. As we end this Green Bay chapter, I feel sad, but I also realize that our time here must end in order to continue on with the rest of our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment