Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ponchos, Panties, and Pizza

PONCHOS
It has been a rainy week here in Taipei.

I like rain. I especially like rain when I can curl up in a comfy chair with a hot cup of tea and a good book.

However, I started liking rain less after trying to steer my bicycle with one hand while holding my umbrella with the other.

Until I discovered this 50-cent purple poncho at our local convenience store.



Now the rain and I are back on good terms.

PANTIES
Last night, as Kalan opened up the window so we could enjoy some fresh air and the sound of the rain, he looked down toward the street and casually asked, "Hey Kayt, is that a pair of your underwear?"
"What?!" I exclaimed, rushing over to lean out the window.
Sure enough, a pair of gray underwear had fallen off our makeshift "drying rack" and landed on the second-story awning below our flat.
Out came the umbrella, the broom, and a hanger, all in an attempt to rescue the lost pair of panties.
Finally, Kalan succeeded to retreiving them and placed them directly in the washing machine.
Perhaps I will start drying our underwear in the kitchen again.

PIZZA
Kalan never ceases to amaze me with his dinner creations.
Last week, he surprised me with homemade veggie pizza! Now, this might not sound impressive, but remember that we do not have an oven, while cheese and tomato sauce are hard to come by and quite expensive.
How did he do it? He made a rice flour flat bread crust in a pan, whipped up a delicious white cream sauce, and topped it with veggies. Amazing!



With homemade food like that, who needs an "American Style Restaurant"? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment