Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Doctor Adventures

Well, the verdict is in. Kalan has pneumonia. After three weeks of coughing and feeling lousy, he begrudgingly agreed to see a doctor. I contacted our pastor's wife and she made him an appointment for earlier this afternoon. As I type this, he is resting in bed. Now that he knows it's pneumonia, he's ready to "kick it in the face!" What a trooper.

I also went to the doctor this week...the Chinese doctor. I have chronic upper back/neck pain and problems with my jaw. At the suggestion of a friend, I decided to see if Eastern medicine could help. First, they put a hot pad on my upper back. Then, they did acupuncture. (If you look closely at the pictures below, you can see the needles!)


Next, they gave me the best massage I've ever had and did some chiropractor-like maneuvers. Finally, they put a medicated patch on the area (it felt like icy-hot cream). After the treatment, my neck and shoulders felt great, and the popping in my jaw was greatly decreased. The whole treatment only cost $3 US...unbelievable.



We are so thankful to live in a country with excellent and affordable health care!

No comments:

Post a Comment