Friday, January 21, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Roller Coasters, Oh My!

Today was my first field trip with my students. We went to "Liufu Village"-- an amusement park about an hour and a half outside Taipei City. Imagine Asian Disneyland + African Safari...



Getting on one of our favorite rides...a "boat" that swung back and forth...



It rained all day, but that meant no waiting in line. And we were well-equipped for the water rafting rides!



Attached the the amusement park is a sort of zoo. We got in a safari-style bus and drove right up to all these animals!



One of the Chinese teachers told me that last year a child was eaten by the tigers when he fell out the window. I'm not sure if she was joking or not...





Needless to say, the ride home was quite peaceful...



Sometimes I really love my job. And my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment