Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

Red and gold decorations are going up all over the city. My students have been working hard on finishing their traditional dragon faces at their Chinese elementary schools.



This holiday will be our first break from work since we started the school year. Today we leave for the Philippines for an eagerly anticipated week-long vacation! We will post pictures and an update when we return.



Here's note I received from one of my first-graders this week:

Dear, T. Kayt

Happy lunar New Year! If you had fun seeing the dragons dancing, you can write it on a note or card to tell me. I'll give you a choclete that has hellokitty on it. The hellokitty is very cute so I give you that. If I finish my dragon face, I would bring it to let you see. The dragon face is hard to make, and when I was making it, I'm so angry but then it get better.

Love, Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment