Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Finally Sick of Taiwan

This weekend treated me (Kalan) rather like a skitzophrenic. On Friday night, Kayt and I hung out with Ben and Beth for a late dinner, made plans to lead the English Prayer Meeting on Sunday and hit up the night market for a 12:30 a.m. bubble tea-I still love the night life. The adventures continued on Saturday with a day at the beach. We traveled as far north as possible on the Metro before catching a bus to a coastal town.

I have never loved the beach because I always leave feeling dirty, sweaty and sunburned. This beach trip proved the exception to the rule. Large-grain sand kept sand out of unwanted places, a nice breeze and cool day helped me enjoy the water as more than an escape from scorching sand and Taiwanese sunscreen could protect an albino in the Sahara.

Mood-swings took full effect the next day. The highs of Friday and Saturday disappeared and a brutal Sunday took their place. I woke up with a headache, fever, sore throat and runny nose: Hello sinus infection, glad you could join us today! We proceeded to attend church, lead the English Prayer meeting, have lunch and two hours of Chinese class. Other than my awesome wife and the $6 prescription drugs I purchased (without a prescription) from the pharmacy, the day gave few highlights.

But, a morning off of work and numerous "prescription" pills later, I find myself greatly improved.

1 comment: