Friday, September 10, 2010

Variety is the spice of lunch

Like lunchrooms throughout America, many in my school could easily make a case that the lunch provided for kids (and teachers) lacks variety. Instead of processed chicken parts and randomly shaped potato snacks, we get rice and clam soup-almost every day. I like Taiwanese food in general and my gratitude for this free meal quickly pushes back any complaints.

Today, to my great pleasure, the usual tofu, fried beef, or grilled chicken did not come with my rice and soup. Fried squid graced my plate. There it sat, right on top of the rice. I know, I know, children of America, you wish you could experience such true variety in your government-sponsored, deep fried, chemically altered, antibiotic coated school lunch. I will put in a good word for you when I come back. Until then, I will do my best to enjoy the fried squid tenticles for those everyone back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment