Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes

I miss autumn...I miss fall colors, apple-picking and homemade applesauce, and curling up in front of the fireplace with the Packer game on.

I also miss pumpkin spice lattes (a favorite from my Starbucks barista days). So on a rainy Saturday I concocted some homemade syrup. (Thanks for sending the can of pumpkin, Mom!)

Easy Pumpkin Spice Lattes

1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
1/2 tsp ground cloves
4 Tbsp fresh chopped ginger (or 1/2 tsp ground ginger)
1 tsp ground nutmeg
3 Tbsp canned pumpkin

Heat the water and sugar in a saucepan until clear. Add other ingredients and cook about 5 more minutes, stirring frequently (don't let it boil). After it cools, strain it into a large jar. It will keep in the refrigerator for quite a while.

Add a few tablespoon of syrup to a strong cup of coffee. Add some heated milk.

Here's to autumn! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment