Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Exchange Rate vs. Change Rate


One small complication of living in Taiwan is I have to account for the relationship between the US Dollar and the Taiwanese Dollar. We try to save while we are in Taiwan but a small change in the relationship between currencies will dramatically affect how much we have actually saved when we go back to the states.


This is an excerpt from my journal from August 8, 2011-The day the USA was to financially downgraded to an AA+ rating:

"Today, the [world] economy might have huge fallout. The dollar is going down.
Yet, the urgency of knowing what will happen or how things will play out is somewhat distant from me. My life will continue according to God's plan regardless of the state of the [global] economy. Who I am and how I live [my life] are not directly concerned with any of this."

I need to continually remind myself that how I live my life and what kind of person I am is more important than what I do with my life or what happens to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment