Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yuli

I was searching the shelves of the Indonesian grocer below our apartment, hoping to find something I could prepare for dinner. Unfortunately, after only one month in Taiwan, I was still at a loss when it came to preparing unfamiliar Asian foods.

I picked up a bag of "Krupuk," wondering how on earth to cook it. I glanced at the girl behind the counter.

"Hi, are you new?" I asked.

She looked surprised. "Yes!" she replied. "I just arrived in Taiwan yesterday. I'm Yuli."

She explained how to cook "krupuk." From then on, whenever I went downstairs to the store, we visited. Soon we became friends and began hanging out. I love Yuli because she has a great sense of humor, loves to laugh, and always speaks her mind.

This week she came over for the last time. She is moving back to Indonesia soon.


I will miss this dear friend. And whenever I cook krupuk, I will remember her! :)

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha...she can explain to you how to cook kerupuk but i'm sure 100% thats she can't cook it by herself. heheheh... :p

    i love yuli too...she is a great friend, the uniquest friend i ever had and the bravest girl i ever know. Love her so much....^^

    ReplyDelete