Saturday, November 7, 2015

Halloween, Bedrest, and the Best Sister-in-Law Ever


Happy belated Halloween!  We attended a Halloween party at the school where Kalan teaches English.  The kids got to join in the activities, including trick-or-treating at a few stores around the block.  (Halloween isn't celebrated in Taiwan, but English schools here often organize special activities.)


According to Keira, Halloween is the "best day ever" because she got to dress up like a princess and eat candy.


Halloween night took an unexpected turn, however, when I went into preterm labor.  No one saw that coming!  After a bunch of tests, my doctor prescribed medicine/bedrest and sent me home.  I'm 34 weeks along now, and we are hoping baby boy can wait at least three more before making his appearance.

That means I'm pretty limited in my activities for the next few weeks.  Providentially, Chelsea (my brother's fiancee) is here visiting until November 19.  She has been wonderful, jumping in to help watch the kids, wash the dishes, fold laundry, and do whatever else needs to be done.  We are so thankful for her cheerful, serving heart.

Movie night!
Kalan has also been awesome about cooking, cleaning, taking the kids out to play, and generally keeping our household running.  It's hasn't been easy while balancing work, Chinese class, and church commitments, but somehow he does it all.  


And so, even though this past week did not turn out as I expected, I'm incredibly grateful for how God provides, especially for things we don't even know to pray for.

"The Lord has established his throne in the heavens, and his sovereignty rules over all." Psalm 103:19



No comments:

Post a Comment