Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Make Your Own Dish Soap and Face Wash

This week's DIY experiment: Dish Soap

1/2 cup soap shavings (just grate a bar of soap--preferably one with only a few ingredients)
4 cups water
2-4 Tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar (helps cut grease)
A few drops of lavender oil (or your favorite essential oil, for fragrance)

Slowly heat the water and soap shavings, stirring often until the soap is completely dissolved (don't let it boil!)  Let the mixture cool and add the other ingredients.  Pour it into an old dish soap container.

This photo has nothing to do with dish soap or face wash.  But a blog post without a photo is boring.  So here's Keira  and I getting ready to head to the market.  A friend gave me a "mei tai" (Chinese-style baby carrier) and I love it.
Last month's DIY experiment: Face Wash

About a month ago I started using the oil cleansing method (OCM) on my face.  It is awesome.  My face has never been so clear, and I don't even need to use a moisturizer any more.  You can read about how to do it here.  I make my face wash with olive oil, castor oil, and tea tree oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment