Monday, September 3, 2012

35 Weeks

This is me standing in our shower (yes, our shower space is right between the bathroom wall and our washing machine.)  As you can see, it's becoming a bit of a tight squeeze.  :)  Baby Zhen Zhu is really getting big now!


I've been feeling well, just more tired than usual.  Normal routines, like carrying groceries home from the market, have become more difficult.  I've resorted to using the stroller for food shopping trips...and definitely get some funny looks as I roll through the neighborhood.  But hey, it works!


Here's our latest cross-cultural pregnancy moment...

One of Kalan's co-workers asked him to bring her one of my sanitary napkins (an unused one--we made sure to clarify!)  Her married friend wants to sleep with it under her pillow in hopes that she will become pregnant.  Another Taiwanese friend explained that it's probably an old superstition that attempts to please the "bed god," who is the same as the "child god."  I don't think this is a common tradition, but we found it interesting.

In other baby-preparation news, my bassinet-sheet sewing experiment was a success.


I cut 3" of fabric around the mattress.
Then I sewed some elastic on the ends, pulling it taut as I stitched.
Then I hemmed up the inside to make it look nicer.
And voila!  This sheet cost me less than $1 to make, compared to the $20 Brica brand sheets sold online for our bassinet.
Just about a month to go...we can't wait!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment