Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Kayt's Trip to Wisconsin

I recently returned from a ten-day trip to America...my first Stateside journey after two years in Taiwan.  Spending time with family and catching up with old friends was wonderful.  Here are a few photo highlights:

First meal in America after getting home from the airport: cheese curds, cheese slices, cheese spread, and a glass of real Wisconsin milk (can you guess what food I missed most?!)

Catching up with dear old friends, Liz and Matt Kee

We spent a week at my parents' place in northern Wisconsin with the whole family.  Here Dad took me for a ride in Rusty.

We did a lot of boating.  My favorite boat rides included stops at the Dairy Queen dock for blizzards.

Dan and Uncle Rick did some fishing...nice catch, guys!

Grandpa Jim made us delicious breakfasts on the outdoor griddle that included pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, and potato pancakes.  Yum!

Another favorite spot on the lake is rope swing island.  Go Dan!

Watching my siblings waterski and wakeboard from the Badger-themed pontoon boat.

Back in Green Bay, I enjoyed visiting places that serve gluten-free food.  This is Cheesecake Heaven, where I had GF chocolate chip zucchini bread.

It was great to see Grandpa Kaiser.  :)

Pedicures with Mom and my sisters.

Visiting Grandma, Nanu, Aunt Amy, and Aunt Renee in Milwaukee

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see that Sam made your blog. hahaha It was so great to see you. Was Kalan surprised on how much you grew while you were state side?

    ReplyDelete