Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Anniversary Surprise

Yesterday was our two-year wedding anniversary.

When I got home from work, Kalan blindfolded me and led me out onto our rooftop.


There, set overlooking the twinkling city lights, was a four-course French meal set for two.  We enjoyed salad, aspergus a la hollandaise, poulet a la diable, and chocolate mousse.


I was blown away...not only by Kalan's thoughtfulness but by all the effort I know he put into making such a meal in our mini-Asian kitchen.  (Hand-beating heavy cream with a fork for thirty minutes to make whipped cream is truly a labor of love!)  What a guy.

I'm so thankful for the past two years of marriage, and looking forward to many more to come!


2 comments:

  1. Very neat Kaytlin ;) My husband and I are celebrating our two year anniversary today! I had no idea we both got married at almost the same exact time!


    Ashley (kennedy) Volk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kalan is the stud of all studs- I found this out when we roomed in San Diego, and he managed to shop and deconstruct a whole chicken before I even woke up. The labor of love! Congratulations you two! All the best from J and I. Let us know next time you pop home, would love to see you.

    ReplyDelete