Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Apartment: A Photo Tour

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of changes. This is the first of a series of blog posts on the new things in our life.

The grand tour:

My favorite part of our new home is the 12th-floor vantage point. I love gazing at the mountains over a cup of coffee in the morning!


The bottom floor: living room/kitchen combo.


Instead of a stove we use an induction hot plate (I was initially skeptical, but it has been great!)


The view from the couch: clothing storage


The bathroom: once again, we are blessed with the convenient ability to do the laundry and shower at the same time (haha)




The stairs: there is a great cubby space under the stairs that houses some books and our oven


The loft: computer cubby, sleeping, and clothing storage




We are so thankful for this new place to call home. It’s funny—if you had asked me a year ago if I could set up a home in a 250 square-foot space for three people without a gas stove, I would have said, “No way!”

But now, I consider this apartment the ideal home. I really enjoy the coziness of our “small” space. It feels just right for us.

Some of you are wondering why I mentioned “three people.” No, I’m not pregnant. However, last weekend we did welcome a new baby into our home. We became foster parents. More on that to come! ☺

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photo tour. Show me some pictures of your pretty face with my Caty-Cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foster parents!! Wow!! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete