Friday, February 25, 2011

Going Green

My second favorite kitchen appliance (after our rice cooker) is definitely our blender. Thanks Grandma and Nanu! :)


Recently I've been experimenting with "green smoothies." Packed with nutrition and quick to make, there's no better breakfast-- especially after a long run. OK, I know some of you are crinkling your nose at the thought of drinking spinach (that's what I did before I tried one) -- but I promise, you won't even taste those leafy greens.


Ingredients: ice, soy milk, a ripe banana, a handful of spinach, and a bit of honey. Blend and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. You got nothing on Joshmo. I put in spinach, broccoli, carrots, all kinds of fruit, protein, green veggie powder, V8 juice. BAM! (a word I learned from Kalan.) Hope you guys are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it, I've been making green smoothies all this month. However I cheat, I use a green powder that gives me all the nutrients in most green veggies plus things like chlorophyll and seaweed. it comes out hunter green. really deep It's awesome, Ian said it looks like death.
    -matt
    ps for some reason it's google's doing my aol account vs my gmail account.

    ReplyDelete